SAI BABA MOVEMENT
The Sai Baba movement is perhaps the most popular modern South Asian religious movement. It owes its origin to Shirdi Sai Baba (d. 1918). Through one of the inheritors of his charisma, Sathya Sai Baba (b. 1926), the movement became a transnational phenomenon in the late twentieth century.
While most of the available literature is a giographical in nature, scholars have studied some aspects of the movement, including the figures of Shirdi Sai Baba, the middle-class constituency, and the movement's pedagogical innovations. In addition, Shirdi Sai Baba has been identified with certain ufi orders in Maharashtra and Karnataka (Shepherd, 1985), the medieval figure of Kabir (Rigopoulos, 1993), and the protean Indian deity, Dattatreya (Rigopoulos, 1998). Rigopoulos points out that the "syncretistic quality of Kabir's life and teachings" seems to have been Sai Baba's model (1993, p. 305).
- Three Simple Ways To Safeguard Your Personal Information On The Internet
- Visit Eforex India, To Know More About The Forex API.
- What Do I Need To Know Before Selecting A Different Wireless Channel?
- Carpet Flooring Supplier In India | India Carpets & Durafit Floors
- Treasurer Email List | Treasurer Mailing Database | Treasurer Leads
- Best ERP Software For Chemical Manufacturing Industry
- Norton.com/setup – How To Activate Norton Setup
- Discover Upcoming Events Near To You | Indiaeve | India’s Best Free Event Listing Portal
- Importance Of High Security Bolt Seals